Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Maximum Confusion

So I have truly lost all of my AOL blog and that's depressing. I'm sort of glad in a way, but I think I'm so clever that I hate to lose all of that sarcasm into cyberspace. And now I don't want to blog about the election because that's depressing, too.

I saw 2 people in their pajamas today. Not just my children, I mean real people, strangers out on the street in their pajamas. The first was a guy in flannel pants and a t-shirt using the pay phone at the 7-11. This guy I almost forgave, seeing as he must be desperate to be out at 9:30 am (horrors!) using a bacteria-laden pay phone (blech). But seriously, dude, the least you can do is throw on the dirty jeans from the floor. Whoever he was talking to on the other end of that phone could surely sense that he was in public in his pajamas. No, you did not get the job.

The second person was a lady walking down the sidewalk in a neighborhood. She was in her pajamas, matching pink-flowered pants (horrors!) and all. But she did have a windbreaker on. So, she doesn't have the good sense to put on real clothes, but she's aware enough to don a windbreaker? Mom, if you're going to walk me to school, I insist that you actually get dressed. Why can't you be like all the other moms and put on your stretch pants (blech)?

And the worst news of all from Michael's job today. No, he hasn't been laid off, they're changing his phone number. We'll never talk on the phone again. Six months from now, I'll see his number on caller id, press the delete button and curse the day telemarketers were invented. I just learned my bank account number and we've been customers for six years. Why, why would they commit this horrible crime against my sanity? Maximum confusion.

As if I needed any help.

No comments: